Setting Up Smart Away
By enabling Smart Away, you can make Caséta work harder for you whether you’re gone for the week or just a night.
1. Open the Lutron App on your smartphone
2. Tap the Settings icon in the top left corner of the screen
3. Select “Arriving/Leaving Home”
4. Tap “Smart Away” from the bottom of the list
5. Select “Lights To Include” to turn lights on and off while you are away
6. Choose lights that you would like Smart Away to control
Select lights you typically use at night, like in the living room, kitchen, bedroom and hallways. Avoid selecting your outside lights so they don’t get turned off.
7. Return to “Smart Away” screen by tapping the back arrow
8. Set the time you would like your lights to turn on and off and then tap the back arrow to return to “Arriving/Leaving Home” screen
9. Return to “Settings” screen by tapping the back arrow
10. Select “Done” and Smart Away will now appear on the Home screen under the Scenes tab
Ideas and inspiration to get you started
Think about what rooms people can see from the street.
That could be your:
- Family room
- Entry hall
- Upstairs hallway
And remember, since Smart Away will randomly turn lights on and off throughout the evening, the more Casèta dimmers you have the more realistic the effect of being home even when you’re not.